Software Engineering Manager (SEM)
Please email your résumé/CV, we will contact you if we are interested in considering you for the position.
Overview of Position
The Software Engineer (ENG) is responsible for the development of new products, and the modification and enhancement of those products as new releases. The ENG will work as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary Agile team within the Development Group to deliver high quality product solutions as directed by the SEM and Product Owner, and identified and prioritised on the Company’s development backlog. The ENG is expected to require some guidance in the performance of his/her tasks.
The ENG will also work to find solutions or workarounds to resolve priority customer Support issues requiring Level 3 support.
Responsibilities and Competencies
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities
- Develop new products and enhancements to existing products as required by the Product Owner (PO) and SEM
- Take an active part in the software development lifecycle, including backlog refinement, sprint planning, review and retrospective ceremonies and to work with other team members and stakeholders to develop and deliver quality software
- Assist Support to provide temporary solutions or workarounds for emergency (high severity) problems with production versions to enable clients to resume operations quickly and with minimum disruption to their on-going operations
- Undertake research into software tools, languages, frameworks and databases as requested by the SEM or Product Owner
- Assist in accreditation testing of BH products as required by customers or third-party suppliers.
Required Experience / Qualifications / Attributes
- Ideally educated to degree level in Computer Science or closely aligned technical discipline and with a proven track record of working in an Agile development team
- Able to work effectively in a team-based software development environment using Agile/Scrum methods
- Experience of working on medical software is highly desirable
- Will have ideally worked as a full-stack engineer using one or more of the following technologies
- Unit testing and e2e frameworks
- Storybook, SASS, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Java
- C#, .Net Core, .Net Framework
- Scripting, automation and IaC technologies, e.g. PowerShell, Terraform, ARM, pipelines
- Able to deliver quality code to agreed standards and conforming to accepted principles such as SOLID
- Will have a good understanding of physical, virtual and cloud platforms for both development and deployment, e.g., Windows Server, UNIX, VMware vSphere, Azure, AWS, GCP
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases and how they are used in applications
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications and collaboration tools
- Experience of MS Azure DevOps Boards, Git Repos would be an advantage
- Will be an excellent personal and written communicator and able to work remotely as part of a team in an Agile environment, with only occasional guidance.
About BridgeHead Software
BridgeHead Software is a leader in Healthcare Data Management solutions, currently experiencing double digit growth globally. We help healthcare organizations to consolidate vital patient, clinical and administrative data; safeguard that information, and make it easily accessible to staff as part of a single patient view approach.
Clinical Data Management solutions are the lifeblood to any healthcare provider, from supporting mergers and acquisitions to providing clinical data repositories for multiple healthcare applications including cutting edge technologies such as digital pathology and A.I.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.