Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Coronavirus COVID-19 Update From BridgeHead
As many of us watch the news, we are very aware of the spread and impact of the Coronavirus COVID-19 across the globe. At this time, the outbreak is moving quickly, with new cases being reported daily in areas where BridgeHead Software and our customer base operate.
Understandably, this is generating significant uncertainty and our top priorities are to protect our global employees, our visitors and our customers whilst ensuring business continuity.
BridgeHead remains passionate about data and our ability to drive transformational change within healthcare and improve patient care. BridgeHead’s people are fundamental to making this happen and that’s why their welfare is our primary concern.
Enabling flexible and collaborative working across the business has been a key focus for BridgeHead for some time now. However, as a result of the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, we continue to employ a number of additional business continuity measures to both contain the spread of the virus and to ensure continuing support for our customers and partners. This ensures that our systems continue to operate and information flows throughout this situation.
Our focus continues to be:
- Reducing transmission among staff
- Protecting those who are at a higher risk for adverse health complications
- Maintaining essential business operations
- Minimizing adverse effects on internal and external relationships.
Minimizing the risk of Coronavirus COVID-19 transmission
BridgeHead Software has a duty of care to maintain a healthy and safe working environment. This includes taking steps to minimise the risk of employees contracting the coronavirus (COVID-19) from colleagues, customers and partners. As a result of this, we continue to take the following steps:
- We have adopted a position of limiting business travel to that which is deemed business critical
- We have increased our use of Microsoft Teams and similar technologies for virtual meetings
- We have suspended international travel until further notice
- We are advising employees to check themselves for symptoms of acute respiratory illness before starting travel and to not travel if these symptoms are present
- Best practices for healthy travel have been communicated to all employees.
Hygiene and Health Practices
- We are following and disseminating the regularly updated guidelines on good health practices as published by UK agencies, US agencies and the WHO
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home after they have recovered and not go into the community until they have been free of fever and any other symptoms for 7 days, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants)
- Employees are instructed to clean their hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If employees are required to go to their offices, BridgeHead provides soap and water and alcohol-based hand rubs in the workplace and will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that adequate supplies are maintained
- All frequently touched surfaces such as workstations, counter tops and door handles will be routinely cleaned
- All sick leave policies will be flexible and consistent with public health guidance and these policies will be continually communicated to employees.
- Best practices for healthy travel have been communicated to all employees
- We have converted larger internal in-person meetings to virtual meetings and continue to monitor public health guidance advice on larger meetings and conferences
- We will base our policies on events on the scientific-based assessments and our internal risk assessments
- We will comply with any meeting policies implemented by our customers
- We are currently implementing further steps to accommodate fully remote business operations if this becomes necessary
- BridgeHead has moved to full remote working in both its UK and North American operations.
We will continue to monitor and provide further updates to our policy and guidelines as the situation evolves. If you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, or any of the named contacts below:
- Mike Ball – Chief Business Development Officer
- Steve Matheson – Vice President North American Sales
- Kenny Wilson – Vice President Global Sales & Support
- Darrell Bailey – Senior Director EMEA Sales
- Simon Peters – Vice President Finance & Administration
or your usual BridgeHead representatives.
President & CEO
Want to learn more about BridgeHead Software?
More than 1,200 healthcare organizations around the world rely on BridgeHead Software’s solutions to consolidate, store, protect and share their patient, clinical and administrative data.