Professional Services Engineer
Job Title: Professional Services Engineer
Job Location: Remote / Woburn, MA USA
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director, Services Delivery
Date Published: 29 Aug 2018
BridgeHead Software delivers data management solutions to healthcare organizations across the globe enabling them to improve patient care. We specialize in the backup and archiving of critical healthcare data for hospitals. We protect hospital information systems as well as perform clinical data management of DICOM images and data. Our HealthStore solution, which leverages XDS integration methods, allows the registry and sharing of information stored within HealthStore to other entities, allowing the retirement of legacy systems, saving cost and protecting data for long-term needs, including day to day patient care, as well as historical reference and compliance with legal requirements.
The Professional Services Engineer provides the remote and on-site hands-on technical expertise required to successfully implement a BridgeHead solution within a healthcare environment. He/she is responsible for product deployments, training on our product suite, providing value-added services and consultative advice, as well as designing solutions for our clients. Applicants should have sufficient work experience and training to deeply understand and analyze the current technical environment and to explain how BridgeHead technology can be optimally used and deployed to benefit the customer. The Professional Services Engineer is expected to be an effective communicator and should be capable of engaging end users and partner staff at all levels in both one to one and formal group presentation formats. He/she should be capable of documenting the customer’s IT/backup infrastructure in order to provide the customer and BridgeHead Support staff with an accurate representation of the environment. In addition to providing installation services, the Professional Services Engineer will frequently be called upon to deliver formal BridgeHead training classes to customers, both on-site and remotely using standard web-based tools (such as LiveMeeting or WebEx). The position requires a strong sense of independence, high energy levels, and self-motivation.
Responsibilities & Competencies
Technical Effort Management / Solution Delivery
- Ensure prospects, customers and partners understand the BridgeHead value proposition, the technical superiority of our solutions, and our ability to help solve their identified business needs.
- Maintain a strong up to date knowledge of BridgeHead Software solutions, competitive technical strategies, implementation “best practices”, and how BridgeHead’s solutions can best be deployed to meet customer’s business needs and address current business challenges.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to customers, partners and professional services consultants.
- Assist customer with technical recommendations and requirements needed for BridgeHead platform installations.
- While on-site or engaged with a customer, help identify and cultivate technical champions and advocates of BridgeHead’s solutions.
- Carry out product installations; provide on-site “knowledge transfer”, and deliver formal, classroom-based end-user training, both onsite and remote.
- Work with BridgeHead’s partners as appropriate to drive technical acceptance of BridgeHead’s solutions within partner’s technical services staff.
- Provide technical support to partners and/or customers.
- Implement and support complex, multi-faceted solutions in real-time customer healthcare environments as part of a multi-vendor project.
- Successfully deliver both onsite and remote implementations of BridgeHead solutions within the required timeframes allotted for the engagement.
- Update existing documents, creating new documents as needed, and ensuring all are available to Professional Services staff.
- Clearly document the detail and status of completed installations in order to effectively communicate the implemented environment to QA and Support groups.
- Recognizes project risks, roadblocks, and deficiencies and addresses them before they impact the projects timelines, goals and budget.
- Ability to work “off-hours” during projects as needed to minimize impact on hospital staff.
Industry and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge and experience working with healthcare accounts and specifically acute care hospitals desired.
- Healthcare IT infrastructure, enterprise backup and data management solution experience is a plus. Minimum of 5 years, 8+ preferable.
- Solid working knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware, etc), client/server technology, MEDITECH, and other medical HIS and provider practice management systems.
- Hands-on implementation experience with enterprise-class backup/archiving software such as Networker, DiskXtender, Enterprise Vault, NetBackup, etc.
- Experience with EMR and HIS systems highly desired.
- PACS and RIS knowledge experience a bonus.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, Microsoft SQL.
- Strong expertise in Window’s technology and applications.
- Experience in network storage, including SANs, tape libraries, appliances, etc., as well as relevant networking protocols.
- Competence and confidence in delivering training courses and hands-on knowledge transfer.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical understanding of system integration technology and concepts.
- XDS and patient data registry experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently/remotely without direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities appropriately with strong attention to detail.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Confronts issues quickly and openly. Acts with urgency.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Seeks assistance to address issues proactively.
- Strong ability to manage tense situations and promote an air of confidence and control.
- Open and flexible demeanor.
- Ability to travel occasionally travel to customers and/or partners. 25% travel typical, within North America.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to the relevant territory hiring manager.