RAPid™ Data Protection Designed for Healthcare
Structure of an Application
As a result, BridgeHead’s RAPid Data Protection enables healthcare facilities to ensure that their applications and data are sufficiently protected:
- Business Continuity – ensuring data is available beyond an outage or disaster for the continued running of healthcare operations
- Application Resilience and Integrity – avoiding corruption or loss of data to maintain the stability of critical healthcare applications
- Backup Optimization – providing complete protection for applications and data within reasonable timeframes
- Backup Leveraging Advanced Storage Technology (BLAST) – leveraging today’s storage technology to provide application consistency
- Recovery Optimization – separating application and file protection to improve Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
How BridgeHead’s RAPid Data Protection Works
BridgeHead’s RAPid Data Protection utilizes a combination of Automated Object Protection (AOP) and System Level Backup (SLB) methods from within a single environment, enabling the easy set-up and management of policies to support the protection and recovery requirements of healthcare applications.
Automated Object Protection
RAPid’s Automated Object Protection (AOP) helps healthcare organizations to optimize the safeguarding of their application’s data objects (typically files), generally recognized as the most difficult resources to secure. It does this by applying policies to ensure that these objects are individually protected and rapidly available in the event of original data corruption or loss.
System Level Backup
RAPid’s System Level Backup (SLB) provides healthcare facilities with the ability to create a complete copy of an entire application (service, database and objects) for rapid recovery should there be a system outage, corruption, loss or disaster. There are multiple methods by which System Level Backups can be carried out (each with its own advantages and disadvantages). Which system is used will depend on the use case.
Optimized Application Protection
With RAPid, application protection becomes a two-pronged process. Continuous automated policies work to backup the individual data objects as they become eligible for protection. At regular intervals, the System Level Backup is carried out to protect the remainder of the data objects along with the application and services. Because the System Level Backup has less to do, backup windows are greatly reduced and the frequency at which they can be taken is increased – this offers dramatic improvements for both RPO and RTO.
Managing Director & Analyst
DATA MOBILITY GROUP
Features & Benefits
BridgeHead’s RAPid™ Data Protection ensures that applications and data are sufficiently protected and quickly recoverable by: