City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
After a successful implementation of BridgeHead’s Scanning & Archiving (FileStore) and integrated backup and disaster recovery (ISB/IDR) for their MEDITECH HIS, BridgeHead was invited to participate in a pilot featuring its vendor neutral archive (VNA) solution on Dell’s DX6000 Platform, to create a single, unified repository for disparate imaging technologies.
In addition, Sunderland are currently deploying BridgeHead’s FileStore for general file archiving (currently 3TB and growing) and are in the process of rolling out BridgeHead’s MailStore archiving solution for 1,000+ mailboxes.
- Comprehensive, holistic and future-proof VNA, with inbuilt data protection, to store medical images from Ophthalmology (8TB to date), as well as other clinical and administrative data
- Full protection and recoverability of the hospital’s HIS environment, ensuring data availability to those that need it, when they need it
- Application and storage agnostic, removing vendor lock-in (BridgeHead demonstrated system interoperability with Dell’s storage platform, but also offered the ability to operate with any of the Trust’s chosen applications or storage).
- A leading Acute NHS Foundation Trust, est. 2004
- Known for high quality of care & wide range of services
- 5 sites, 5,000 employees, serving an 860,000 population
- Annual budget £306 million
- MEDITECH environment
- Legacy radiology PACS (AGFA)
- LSP provider – Accenture
- Now using BridgeHead HDM Solution, including ISB/IDR, MEDITECH SCA Archiving & FileStore (VNA).
“Our journey with BridgeHead started with the requirement to secure and protect the data from our Healthcare Information System. BridgeHead not only demonstrated their competency and expertise in this regard, but opened our eyes to some of their other capabilities. This led to our embarking on the pilot programme with both BridgeHead and Dell for a vendor neutral archive – initially focusing on archiving our Ophthalmic Imaging System. Now our staff can spend more time with patients and on patient care. This is a clear example of how IT can truly support the day-to-day running of a hospital.”Andy Hart
You may also be interested in:
Partners BridgeHead and Dell provide a comprehensive vendor neutral archive (VNA) to store, protect and share all data at the Trust →
Find out why this London-based Trust implemented BridgeHead VNA ahead of replacing its PACS system embracing a comprehensive image management strategy →