Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
Renowned Australian cancer hospital, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse’s digital transformation strategy enacted a ‘Cloud First’ policy and, as such, is moving more of its technology in order to enjoy the flexibility and scalability that the Cloud delivers. As part of this, Lifehouse selected MEDITECH Expanse as its EHR solution to be hosted on the AWS Cloud. However, Lifehouse also required a data protection solution that would also run in the AWS Cloud that could backup and recover the MEDITECH Expanse EHR.
- BridgeHead’s RAPid Data Protection for MEDITECH solution is the market-leading backup and recovery platform for MEDITECH environments
- Excellent reputation for successfully deploying data management solutions across the world
- Willingness to collaborate with Lifehouse and adapt the RAPid™ Data Protection solution to not only run in the AWS Cloud, but to backup and restore the AWS-hosted MEDITECH Expanse EHR within the Cloud
- Ability to ‘futureproof’ Lifehouse’s environment based on long-term data growth with the additional flexibility, from BridgeHead’s vendor agnostic approach, to change applications or storage should they need to
- A leading comprehensive, not-for-profit cancer hospital that treats all types of cancer, but with additional specialization in complex and rare forms of the disease
- A 125 bed facility founded on 19th November 2013, following the vision of Professor Chris O’Brien AO; and built on the original site of the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, which opened in 1882
- Dedicated to providing holistic, uncompromising and compassionate care
- The hospital sees almost 60,000 patients per annum and has over 100 clinical trials and research projects underway at any time
- Lifehouse’s mission is to improve the quality of life for Australian cancer patients, carers and their families by advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, care, cure and prevention of cancer.
“We all worked really well together as a project team. Once our MEDITECH Expanse solution went live in November 2020, we needed to assess whether BridgeHead’s RAPid™ was working optimally in the AWS Cloud to ensure we were efficiently backing up our EHR data. We have since undertaken extensive testing to check this is the case. Most importantly, we recently carried out a full MEDITECH restore using RAPid and it passed with flying colours. One always hopes you are never placed in a position where you have to restore a critical healthcare system. But, at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, we are now safe in the knowledge that, should we need to, we can quickly restore our MEDITECH Expanse system thanks to BridgeHead. Having that peace of mind more than pays for the investment. I’d like to thank everyone at BridgeHead, MEDITECH and Chris O’Brien Lifehouse who contributed to this significant project.”