North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
With ambitions to offer a fully operational digital campus, North Middlesex quickly recognised they needed to take a strategic approach to their data management. Their long-term vision is to make all data available to those that need it when they need it.
One of their first initiatives towards this goal was to introduce BridgeHead’s independent clinical archive (ICA), HealthStore®, also known as a next generation VNA. HealthStore is now being used to migrate radiology data out of the central data stores (provided by the National PACS Contracts), transforming it so that it is open and compliant (and thus more easily shared across the Trust), as well as acting as the repository for its new radiology images created via their new Sectra PACS. In addition, the ICA would also be host to the data from hospital’s electronic document management system – ensuring it was adequately stored and protected.
With a centralised, strategic approach to data management, in conjunction with other technology solutions, North Middlesex aims to deliver on the Better Care Fund plan and to achieve Jeremy Hunt’s vision of a ‘digital hospital’ 1 to 2 years earlier than required.
- Excellent reputation and healthcare experience, successfully deploying data management solutions across the NHS
- Best-of-breed independent clinical archive (a.k.a. the next generation VNA)
- Commitment to open standards enabling easier future data migrations & ensuring interoperability
- Scalable & vendor agnostic – futureproofing their environment so as to work with any future applications or storage
- One of London’s busiest acute hospitals
- 2,800 staff, 420+ beds, serving over 350,000 people
- Specialisms in strokes, HIV/AIDS, cardiology, haematology, diabetes, sleep studies, orthopaedics, fertility, sickle cell & thalassaemia
- Aspires to become an NHS Foundation Trust
- EDM – Fortress
- PACS – Sectra
- Storage – Dell
- Now using BridgeHead’s ICA – HealthStore® for radiology & EDM data