Technical Support Specialist
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Job Location: Ashtead, Surrey, UK
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: VP, Global Technical Support
Date Published: 04 Oct 2018
BridgeHead Software delivers data management solutions to healthcare organizations across the globe enabling them to improve patient care. We specialize in the backup and archiving of critical healthcare data for hospitals. We protect hospital information systems as well as perform clinical data management of DICOM images and data. Our HealthStore solution, which leverages XDS integration methods, allows the registry and sharing of information stored within HealthStore to other entities, allowing the retirement of legacy systems, saving cost and protecting data for long-term needs, including day to day patient care, as well as historical reference and compliance with legal requirements.
The position of Technical Support Specialist (TSS) is comprised of multifaceted tasking and requires strength in a variety of technical disciplines. The Specialist will possess sufficient core computing experience and BridgeHead product knowledge (operations, internals, and overall architecture) necessary to diagnose and resolve client issues. The TSS must possess a strong sense of dedication, independence, self-motivation, be forward thinking, and able to work in a global team environment.
Responsibilities & Competencies
The TSS provides remote support on client system via the use of direct VPN access or web based remote access tools (occasional travel to a client site may be required). The TSS must diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve reported client issues using product documentation, internally generated “how to” documents, internet research, personal notes, or assistance from teammates. In the event that the TSS is unable to resolve the issue in a timely fashion, the issue must be escalated via the established process. Excellent client communication is a key element in customer satisfaction, so it is imperative that the client be kept informed of all activities related to their reported issue. After gaining the requisite knowledge of the BridgeHead product suite and client environments, the TSS will be expected to participate with 24x7 after-hours support on a rotating basis, and is compensated for that activity. Attendance to the yearly technical meeting held in the US is mandatory.
Due to the secure and personal nature of some customer information that the TSS will come in contact with (such as healthcare patient data), it is required that DBS checks are undertaken, and that signed agreement to all related Company policies and procedures be provided.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Must possess 7 – 10 years of demonstrated success and experience supporting high technology solutions in the Windows environment (Unix, Linux, and other platforms a plus)
- Knowledge of enterprise class backup software (Networker, Netbackup, Commvault, etc.)
- Knowledge of storage management and technology (SAN, NAS, CIFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of VMware and related technologies
- Knowledge of databases, network, and system administration/management
- Ability to work independently as part of a worldwide support team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Confident demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of scripting in Powershell
Desired Experience / Qualifications
- Knowledge of hospital IT operations and clinical experience
- Exposure to Meditech
- Knowledge of PACS system implementation and architecture
- Exposure to healthcare-oriented computing and data archiving
- Exposure to Mirth
To apply for this role, please email your CV to the hiring manager using the button below.