Working only in the healthcare sector, BridgeHead Software has helped over 1,200 customers worldwide to solve their data and storage management challenges.
BridgeHead's Healthcare Data Management Solution helps you to release your data so that your hospital can:
Download BridgeHead's new whitepaper - "Strategies to Reduce the Costs of Managing Healthcare Data."
BridgeHead's Healthcare Data Management Solutions are made out of 3 elements:
Customers have complimented us on our ability to provide the highest caliber service levels - whether from our dedicated support staff, our professional services experts in the field or our training specialists.
Learn why Disaster Recovery is different in Healthcare in this new whitepaper.
More than 1,200 hospitals worldwide trust BridgeHead's solutions to manage and protect their mission-critical data. Review our case studies to learn how our software, backed by our team of experts, has helped these hospitals meet the evolving data management demands faced by today's healthcare organization.
A selection of useful resources, including our free FileScan Data Profiling Utility, our whitepapers offering thought leadership, product datasheets, and brochures – this section has something for everyone.
Since 1994, BridgeHead Software has been providing data and storage management software and services to customers.
Today, we are a leader in healthcare data management helping hospitals to manage, protect and leverage one of their most strategic assets, their clinical and administrative information.
Samaritan Medical Center
Samaritan Medical Center in Watertown, NY, is a 294-bed not-for-profit community medical center, offering a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services. From primary and emergency care to highly specialized medical and surgical services, such as cancer treatment, neonatal intensive care, behavioral health and addiction services, and imaging services, Samaritan Medical Center and its team of healthcare professionals proudly serves the medical needs of the local civilian and military community. Quality, compassion and safety are basic principles by which exceptional care is delivered at Samaritan.
In March 2009, Samaritan Medical Center selected BridgeHead Software’s ISB (Integrated Serverless Backup) for its MEDITECH HCIS application. Over the next three years, the hospital ran BridgeHead alongside three other backup systems including EMC NetWorker for enterprise (non-MEDITECH applications) services, Sonicwall CDP for its Windows file servers and RoboCopy for its PACS data. However, on a daily basis, managing and monitoring the four different data management systems was consuming far too much time. Also, taking care of the different tape and disk media was a major headache.
Even more concerning, the team at Samaritan realized, if the hospital was ever faced with a disaster situation, that the time required to recover working with all four systems would be prohibitive.
In the fall of 2012, Andy Short, chief information officer and vice president of information services at Samaritan Medical Center, decided to consolidate the protection environment by standardizing on the BridgeHead Healthcare Data Management (HDM) platform. The HDM platform is designed with extensible support for many types of data, including PACS images, Microsoft Exchange email, and Windows file systems – all of which were in place at Samaritan.
After the decision was made, Jeff Wood, technical services manager for Samaritan Medical Center, and his team were able to transition everything onto the BridgeHead HDM platform in just two months. One of the significant benefits which Jeff experienced as a result of the transition was the increased availability of hospital applications during backup.
"BridgeHead’s serverless approach means that our hospital applications are not impacted negatively during the backup process,” said Jeff. “This is important because more of our data is accessed directly by clinicians than ever before, through their mobile devices. We cannot afford to impact clinical access to data with a slow backup.”
- Greater efficiency – A consolidated approach for managing the backup and recovery for all hospital data.
- Time savings – Reduced the time required to manage and monitor data management for the entire hospital applications environment by 75 percent.
- Improved data availability—Clinicians have assured availability of both clinical and non-clinical hospital data at the point-of-care.
- Preserved application performance – A serverless approach preserves application performance even during backup operations.
- Simplified operation – IT teams use the same interface to manage backup, archive and recovery, for MEDITECH, hospital applications running on Windows file systems and VMware, the entire email environment, and Fuji PACS medical image data.
- Streamlined storage environment – The consolidated approach to managing hospital data, eliminates storage waste and the expense of maintaining under-utilized disk and tape devices
- Optimized storage with integrated archive – Archive ensures retention and recovery with fast retrieval performance demanded by Fuji PACS systems to support clinical workflow, and lowers the cost of tier 1 storage.
- Reliable, fast recovery of data – BridgeHead provides rapid assured recovery of consistent data for all types of hospital applications.
- Reliable support services – As part of the transition process, BridgeHead Software Managed Services provided daily monitoring of the ingestion of the Fuji images into the BridgeHead archive.