Major University Health System in Maryland
Active consolidation of hospitals into the university system caused the need to standardize on a single solution. The solution for backup and recovery needed to included centralized management capabilities, as MEDITECH EMR within the hospital system spanned four locations with the potential for more.
- BridgeHead evaluated as being “far superior” to the EMC NetWorker product evaluated, for MEDITECH ISB/IDR.
- Only BridgeHead could accommodate the large number of MEDITECH servers running across the four hospital locations in the system.
- Rock-solid reliability of the backups – “I know that they’re secure, they’re reliable and I can always get restores from it without worrying.”
- Consolidated backup servers saved on hardware cost.
- Ease of use of the BridgeHead backup and recovery solution, allowed re-assignment of two of the four administrators previously devoted to MEDITECH backup and recovery.
- BridgeHead services judged “exceptional.”
“We have saved time and money using the BridgeHead solution, because with it we have centralized backup from four locations. I also know that the backups are secure and reliable.”